Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, Swedish FireSteel® fire starter is a flash of genius. Its 3,000°C (5400°F) spark makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel's dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen, and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and gas barbecues.
- Reliable performance at all altitudes and in cold weather—2,980°C (5,400°F) spark.
- Durable—lasts approximately 3,000 strikes.
- Ignites all tinder and can be used for campfires, gas stoves, and gas barbecues.
- Works equally well when wet.
- Striker handle includes a built-in emergency whistle.
- Bright spark can be used as an emergency signal.